Wild Nature is Calling Your Name
Launch your boat from Cedar Mills Marina and spend the day fishing on Lake Texoma, hike the nature trails at Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge, go duck hunting, play golf, visit the zoo, and enjoy nature’s beauty in the deep woods.
All About Lake Texoma
- Lake Texoma – Created in 1944 to control flooding on the Red River, Lake Texoma today is home to a huge population of striped bass, crappies, and catfish. Whether you come to see bright fall foliage reflected in blue water along the red-dirt shoreline or bask in the summer sun on the beach, you’ll find plenty to enjoy at Lake Texoma year-round.
- Triple Header Fishing Guide – When it comes to Lake Texoma fishing guides, Captain Craig knows how to land a load of striped bass for you and your group. You catch ’em and Captain Craig cleans ’em! Affordable fishing tours for groups of all ages and sizes. You’ll find Triple Header at the Cedar Mills Marina and can reach him at THFGTX.com
- Island View Park – Lake Texoma’s most popular beach for swimming, kayak rentals, and picnic boat trips.
- Our closest boat ramp is 1500 feet north of Gone Fishing RV Resort on Hwy 377. We have complimentary ramp passes for daily use.
All About the Great Outdoors
- Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge – The stresses of daily life melt away when you reconnect with natural surroundings. Each season brings new sights and sounds. Listen to the chirping of birds and insects while you stroll along one of five hiking trails. Watch wading birds stalk their prey or northern harriers gliding over marshes in search of small mammals. Take your camera – Nature is grand!
- North Texas Waterfowl – Go Texas duck hunting with experienced guides. North Texas Waterfowl is smack dab in the heart of the Central Flyway, which starts in central Canada and stretches to the Gulf of Mexico. Huge flocks of mallards, pintails, gadwall, widgeon, teal ducks and geese fill the sky over Gordonville very year. It’s a sportsman’s dream come true!
- Cross Timbers Wildlife Management Area – Go hunting in more than 10,000 acres of wildlife habitat in Oklahoma’s Love county, located 15 miles west of Marietta on Highway 32. The habitat is a mix of oaks, hickory, and mid-tall native prairie grasses and allows the hunting of white-tailed deer, Rio Grande turkeys, rabbits, squirrels, and other fur-bearing animals. Get an Oklahoma hunting license here.
- Frank Buck Zoo – An award-winning zoo in nearby Gainesville, Texas featuring feeding times for flamingos, giraffes, and pygmy goats. Want to know all about the zoo animals?
- Rock Creek Golf – The public is invited to play this 18-hole championship course designed by Jack Nicklaus, featuring bentgrass greens, hundred-year-old towering oak trees, and natural flowing streams. Visit the Pro-Shop, the Club House Restaurant, and ask the PGA professionals about golf lessons.
- Hungry? Find Great Restaurants Near Gordonville – American food, pizza, Mexican, seafood, steaks, and BBQ. Try them all.
MegaStar Casino – Just across the bridge from Gone Fishing RV Resort in Kingston. With 600 electronic gaming machines, a restaurant, and full bar, you’ll have a ball.
Choktaw Casino – With 7400 slot machines (half of them are in a non-smoking area), table games, poker, Race Book, big-name entertainment, dining, and great promotions, Choctaw Casino offers all kinds of excitement in nearby Durant.
Winstar World Casino – The world’s biggest casino is in Thackerville! Treat yourself to nine globally themed plazas on a mile of gaming floor, poker tournaments, table games, slot machines, several restaurants, a golf course with pro shop, and a dazzling line up of top entertainers.